Menu Menu
Cybersecurity made easier
Blog

Cybersecurity made easier

The client has come up with an idea to develop a product which will enable insurance companies and banks to quantify the level of cybersecurity risk and in accordance with it charge the insurance. This would allow people to protect themselves from the cyber attacks. Since this kind of a tool does not exist on the market, the client simply recognized the moment and wanted to create a tool that this market could make use of.

Client:

CyberQ - Cybersecurity The Client aims to make cybersecurity easier for everyone. Their human-focused approach empowers users and makes them better protected from a cyber crime.

Project:

Development of a web extension for Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.

About the client:

Our client aims to make cybersecurity easier for everyone. Their human-focused approach empowers users and makes them better protected from a cybercrime.

Technologies:

JavaScript web extension framework, Advanced GIT

Goals:

The ultimate aim was to build a product that could sell worldwide which would then use that product and promote it to the end-users. End-users, that is the bank’s clients, would then ask for the insurance to protect themselves from the cyber attacks and install that product that will track their activity. It would track whether the end-user has installed all the updates, whether they have visited HTTP or https sites and whether they have visited unsafe websites. The client also wanted to develop a detailed profile of the user and a chatbot that would educate the users and introduce them to various safety threats.

Solutions:

The development of a web extension for Chrome, Edge and Firefox and the development of the metrics that would help the client evaluate the users’ activity. The extension would track and trace what users do on the internet and it would check if all the components are updated and if everything functions well. It would be used for communication between users and our client, where the product would have an insight into the clients’ performance. On top of that, it would educate the clients.

The team:

Our team consisted of 1 front-end developer, one project manager, one software developer, and 1 UI/UX designer.

Results:

Despite a number of challenges and new functionalities we had to implement along the way, we managed to create the extension that keeps track of user’s activity and we designed the architecture and implemented a chat system that a client can use to communicate with the product. The whole project started simple, but the good initial architecture allowed for a serious and complex structure that we got at the end.

 




Latest blog posts
We Are the IT City 3: From a Developer to an Intrapreneur
Case Study: Rethink project | Hyperion-X
Case Study: Salesforce Custom Application - New Employees Onboarding Process
Coding Standards Workshops: Impressions and Thoughts
VE:conf - Start Learning Today