uSiteBuilder v2 – a status update
Date : 10-Mar-2014
As announced a few months ago at http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/usitebuilder/usitebuilder-support/45666-uSiteBuilder-v2-a-rebuild, we've been quite busy working on version 2 of uSiteBuilder for Umbraco since October.
In the meantime, many people have asked for the source to be hosted on GitHub. So the current work in progress source code is available at https://github.com/spopovic/uSiteBuilder.
The current source code includes the following:
- Support for Umbraco v6.x projects - support has been implemented and uSiteBuilder has been tested with the latest few v6.x version of Umbraco.
- Initial sync has been updated and is now a few times faster. Some improvements include the following:
- Caching of loaded types/classes for faster analysis of inheritance of document types.
- Suppress Sync option added (configurable)
- Option to specify which assemblies contain your assets (document types, templates, etc.). This is an optional configuration setting which can improve initial load significantly since we would not load all assemblies from the bin folder and inspect them all when looking for your assets during the sync process.
- Lazy loading of property values has been implemented.
- uSiteBuilder can now be used on MVC projects and the model is strongly typed.
Work still to be done:
- Support for Umbraco v7.x projects - we probably will not have to do much work here but still have to give it a try and maybe do some minor changes.
- A few more items were left on our TODO list for sync speed improvements.
We are looking forward to seeing comments from the community on the current state of uSiteBuilder.